If you wish to amend any of the personal information that we hold about you, or update your marketing preferences, you can do so at any time through your account or contacting us at email@example.com.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we collect
This section details the information we may collect about you. We explain why, and how, we use it in later sections.
If you decide to create an account or enquire about one of our products or services, we’ll ask you to provide us with some specific information, for example:
- Basic personal details – such as your first name, last name;
- Personal contact details – such as your billing address, delivery address, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Log in details – such as username and password;
- Payment details – such as your payment card information.
Information we obtain through cookies and similar tools
Lawful basis for processing
We only process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
- User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to process personal information for a given purpose. For example, at our customer account or checkout page, we would ask for your consent if we wanted to use your personal information for any other purpose. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. You can manage your preferences within your account or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a customer who has interest in our products or services from our Site, we would need to process your delivery address in order to fulfil your order.
- Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with the law. For example, we process and retain customer invoice information to comply with financial regulations.
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information for three main reasons:
- To provide our service – We require some of your basic personal information so our services work as you would expect, for example, delivering your order to your correct address, notifying you of changes to our products or services and dealing with customer services queries.
- To improve and maintain performance – In order to provide you with the best possible user experience, we need to make sure that our products and services work as they should. Using personal information helps us understand how our visitors use our Site so we can make improvements.
- For the purpose of advertising – We process your information to understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you, and to deliver relevant advertising. We use the information you give us and the information we collect about you to serve you with the most appropriate advertisements. If you do decide to turn off personalised advertisements or advertisements tailored to you, you will still see the same number of advertisements but they may be less relevant to you.
Who we share your personal information with
We disclose personal information to facilitate the running of our business or to provide specific services you have requested. Commonly, we will disclose information to:
- Service providers – We engage service providers who help to support our business and improve our products. These service providers include, for example, fulfilment providers for delivery of our products and services; marketing; customer service agencies; organisations that host our Site or databases; providers of online surveys; and providers of email marketing tools.
- Social media providers – Information will be shared with social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, and to create lookalike audiences for the purposes of targeted advertising on social media platforms.
How long we retain your personal information
We retain your personal information once you have created your account until you request to delete your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a request is made, we are able to delete customer profile records from Shopify if you have no order history with your store. Customers with an order history can't be deleted from our Shopify store's records. If a deleted customer buys from our Site in the future, a new record will be created for them.
It is sometimes necessary for us to keep your personal information for longer periods of time, for example:
- If there is a statutory requirement to retain it;
- If we require the information for legal reasons or there is a legitimate business need for us to retain it;
- To ensure we do not contact you if you have asked us not to.
How we keep your payment secure
We use various payment gateways to secure your payment on our Site. We do not retain your credit card information. Some payment gateways include Paypal and Shopify Pay. Please visit our payment method FAQ page to find out more.
Under data protection laws, you have rights as an individual in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- The right to object to direct marketing – your preferences. Please contact us at email@example.com;
- The right to access the personal data that we process about you;
- The right to request the deletion of your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification of your personal data – you can manage some of this information in your account.
You can exercise these rights through your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information is collected by Sneaky Whiskers.
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or use any information from children.
If you have a query in regards to the processing of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
This policy is effective from 25/05/2018.